The British International School boasts top-class infrastructure that includes over sixty general purpose and special purpose classrooms such as science labs and music rooms. With a total capacity of 1500 students, the school covers an area exceeding 17,000 m², including spacious green and shaded areas. The school also has an indoor heated swimming pool, a football pitch, a spacious gymnasium, sports fields, a 250 seater auditorium and an open-air Roman theatre. ICT permeates all aspects of the teaching and learning programme with access to labs, in-class technology and smart interactive TVs.
Our buildings are designed with learning in mind, as are our classrooms. Each classroom is designed with formal and informal learning areas, with supporting technology and quiet areas with high quality furniture.
Our pool is used for swimming lessons at all levels, from Reception upwards, training and life-saving techniques. Swimming is an important part of our programme and students practice weekly, to develop their skills and participate in competitions.
Our library provides an excellent variety of non-fiction books which are accessible to the children from the pre-prep. Each class visits the school library on a regular basis with their class teacher and children are also encouraged to use it for independent research. The library is organised by monitors from Grades 5/6, developing their confidence and leadership abilities.
ICT is an important tool in our children's future. Lessons begin from pre-prep where children learn mouse control and basic keyboard skills. As they progress through the school, they learn how to use a variety of software packages to further develop their skills.
- BISC is built in total compliance with anti-earthquake construction standards
- Science rooms, laboratories equipped with the latest tools
- Semi olympic pool
- Music room and recording studio
- Gymnasium equipped with the best sport facilities and once again meeting the safety and health standards of Cambridge and COBIS
- Auditorium with 250 seats
- Football, Basketball and volleyball fields
- Safe locker-rooms
- Library fully equipped with educational and cultural resources
- Playgrounds meeting strict COBIS security standards and Cambridge curriculum entertainment requirements
- Roman theatre